These five outdoor design tips will help you transform your outside living area into a space that reflects your personality and style.
- Create casual areas where you and your guests can feel comfortable and conversational. Such a place can be around a fire pit, outdoor fountain or outdoor kitchen bar. Use outdoor rugs to create focused seating areas.
- Extend your home décor outdoors. If your style is contemporary, opt for modern, comfortable outdoor furniture. If your style leans toward the traditional, choose outdoor decorations that mirror that style.
- Choose seating that is comfortable and beckons you to sink in and relax. Add cushions, pillows and throw blankets to make the seating area a place you love to go to unwind.
- Take into account the landscaping or surrounding architecture and design your outdoor living space with that in mind.
- Select colors that reflect your personality – look indoors and take your cue from the colors you love from within your home.