6 Nursery Design Trends for 2008-2009 – The Nursery Issue 2008
Nursery furniture continues to undergo a major design transformation from the days of Victorian styled cribs, and the use of traditional design. Today contemporary and modern styled furniture is quickly over taking the nursery design market as more and more parents purchase baby furniture that reflects their own modern style preferences. For the remainder of 2008 and the coming year of 2009, expectant parents can expect to find even more stylish, luxurious modern nursery furniture with an added bonus: modular furniture that is timeless in design and will grow with baby to toddler to early teen. The six predominate themes in baby furniture that we saw at the recent furniture and decor markets are:
- Multi-purpose furniture – changing station integrated into crib like the Studio Crib from NurseryWorks.net on the right.
- Modern furniture design that mirrors mom and dad’s contemporary style.
- Eco-friendly nursery furniture that is organic, sustainable and décor made from renewable resources and WITHOUT chemicals like formaldehyde.
- Focus on storage and furniture that provides lots of room for all things baby.
- One-of-a-kind nursery cribs and personalized artwork like the retro wall plaque from Sherri Blum Design.com on the right.
- Ergonomic, chic and high design nursery gliders and rockers for mom.