9 Super Easy Tips to Relax This Holiday Season
October is nearing its end and before you know it Thanksgiving will be here and then Christmas. It can certainly feel overwhelming for those of us who delight in preparing for the holiday season. So much to do, so little time to do it all in. So slow down, take a breather and enjoy the moment. I thought I would share the nine things that help me relax when I start feeling the holiday stresses kicking in. You can do one or more, it’s up to you. Actually they are all so nice you may find yourself doing them all
- Create visual balance with furniture and accessories.
- Use fragrances that please you throughout the house.
- De-cluttering the home environment is important because clutter creates negative or stagnant energy and blocks positive energy from flowing.
- Have at least one water fountain in the home. The sound of gently flowing water soothes frayed nerves.
- Use natural materials such as cottons, silks and linen. They feel wonderful against the skin.
- Clean your home with aromatherapy products and always launder your linens, towels, sleeping clothes and robes with an aromatherapy detergent and softener.
- I recommend Egyptian cotton for linens, spritzed with a lavender linen spray which is conducive to creating a restful, sleep inducing environment. I am biased of course but my favorite lavender linen spray is carried by our sister store Room In A Kit LLC. I’m addicted to it’s soft feathery lavender scent.
- Select soothing colors for paint, furniture, accessories etc. Popular soothing colors are blue-greens (think ocean ), creams and ivories, sages, soft whites with subtle hints of color.
- Sounds such as soft music lightly playing in the background or nature sounds (ocean waves, rustle of leaves, rain etc) should be used.