Al Fresco Elegance Table Setting
Libby Langdon for Liebherr (DIFFA Dining by Design 2012)
Table Setting Design Ingredients for casual, yet refined al fresco dining atmosphere:
- Furniture: Weathered, patina-finish dining table. Comfortable, contemporary wing chairs for end of table. Fully cushioned dining chairs dressed in exotic ikat upholstery. Tuscan wine bottle inspired chandelier tiered to a charming, aged wood slab. Wall water feature of hammered copper with water cascading gently across river rocks. Crisp white linen drapes flowing from custom crafted wood garden trellis and arbor.
- Dinnerware: Antiqued silver and white dinner plates and chargers. Traditional silver flatware. Crisp white and silver table napkins with tailored embroidery.
- Color Palette: Silver, blue, white, golden caramel, gray-blue, black, browns, and greens.
- Patterns: Ikat, tailored stitching, wood grain, classical squares, lines and paisley.
- Finishes: Patina,hammered metal, roughened wood, tarnished chains and smooth porcelain.
The Decorating Diva is a luxury home design magazine and lifestyle journal dedicated to the concept of living a stylish and comfortably elegant life at home – joyfully surrounded by the beautiful things you love. Join, Carmen, The Decorating Diva’s founder, as she blogs about sophisticated, smart, stylish and beautiful decor for your home and shares her decorating and style advice with you. Follow her and several of our wonderful contributors on inspirational design trips as they explore enchanted lands both far and near – returning with a delightful treasure trove of design finds for your home.