Interested in getting your expertise in front of The Decorating Diva.com readers( see our targeted demographics) and the major Media players in the home shelter and design industry? Then consider being a guest columnist or guest blogger at The Decorating Diva.com.
Guest Columnist/Blogger Guidelines
- You can email your article idea / proposal (no attachments at this time), along with a brief bio to guestWriter@thedecoratingdiva.com. Reviews take about two to three weeks. If we like your article pitch, then we will contact you. (Note: editorial calendar available upon request)
- The Decorating Diva LLC reserves the right to accept or reject any submission. We may edit your article to make it suitable to print. We may also ask you to make edits for relevance, punctuation, and grammar. Remember the better your article is in draft mode, the better the odds are of us accepting it.
- Provide a 25 to 50 word author description. Here you can promote yourself and your business.
- If your article reads and looks like a commercial it will result in automatic rejection. Provide valuable information and knowledge in the article. You can then provide a link to your site or products in the footer or bio box. (Limit 3 links)
- Articles must be between 250 to 800 words. Images are accepted and encouraged.
- The author retains all copyrights to their work.
- Only unique content will be accepted.
- There is no guarantee that your article will remain on The Decorating Diva.com for any period of time. We, at our discretion, can remove or archive articles that are no longer relevant to our readers.
- At this time guest columnists/bloggers will not be paid for submissions.
- We take a firm position on plagiarism and content theft. We do check and run a copyright process on all submissions. Please do not submit the work of another as you will automatically be rejected.
- This site is about decorating and design. Take the time to learn about us, read the articles, get a feel for what our readers like, then craft your article to fit- that will help your chances of having your article accepted.
I keep getting rejected, why?
There are various reasons for why your article has been rejected. Some include:
- Overly commercial.
- Weak writing style and poor implementation.
- Not related to home decorating and/or design.
- Copyright infringement – submitting the work of another.
- Article not unique.
How many times can I resubmit my article?
If your article has been rejected and you have corrected the problems with it, then you may resubmit the article for consideration. If the problems continue after the third submission the article will no longer be accepted for review.
I pitched an article idea, and haven’t heard back. Can I resubmit?
We will only contact you if we like your idea. Please feel free to resubmit your pitch (or a new pitch) for reconsideration.
What can I do to improve my chances of having my pitch or article accepted?
Simple. Take the time to learn about The Decorating Diva.com. Read our articles, review the categories we cover and do your research.
Create an amazing first impression when you submit your article. Wow us with your knowledge of the subject. Write well. Edits do happen and we don’t mind implementing minor editing on your article but an article rife with mistakes, poor grammar, and one that is incomprehensible will be rejected.
Can I submit a Press Release in article form?
No. If you have a product or service you would like us to review, then contact us at reviewsPR@thedecoratingdiva.com.
I’m a professional writer can I submit an article?
Yes, but we do not offer payment at this time.
Can I link my blog/website/product in my article ?
All links can be placed in your bio section and a “More Information” section below the article. In some cases links within the article content will be accepted but it must be in natural language – not written for the search engines (i.e. keyword stuffed).
I’ve been published at Associated Content or Ezine Articles (fill in the blank article repositories), can I submit those articles here?
No, all content submitted must be unique.