Color Trend 2009 – Purples
The color purple is making a strong appearance in Fall 2008 and evidence abounds that Purple will be equally as strong for 2009. Varied shades of purple, the color associated with kings and royalty, have been spotted on the stylish runways at the Spring 2009 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York to Pantone’s Color Trend Reports. Whether you lean toward pastels or to rich wine tones, there will no doubt be a purple to suit your personal color preference.
Some of our favorite Color Combinations:
- Purples and Gold
- Purples and Greens
- Purples and Gray / Silvers
- Light/Pastel Purples teamed with Black.
- Darker Purples contrasted against White.
1. Swarovski Crystal Medallion Drapery Holdbacks/Hardware (The Saturday Décor (To The Trade Only) )
2. Spring 2009 Runway Inspiration ( Tracy Reese )
3. Blissliving Home – Amanda Purple Duvet Collection (All Modern )
4. Spring 2009 Runway Inspiration (Ports 1961)
5. ElizabethW Triple-Milled Soaps (ElizabethW)
6 & 7 Lilac Song and Otto Grape Madeline Weinrib Wool Flatweave Rugs (madelineweinrib.com)
8. Oriental Purple Pillow with Gold Embossed Florals (Pillows and Pillows)
Photo Credit: NYMag.com Fashion Week Spring 2009 (Tracey Reese(2.) and Ports 1961 (4.)).
Image Attributions: All Images are copyrighted from their respective companies.
Modern Classics in Bedroom Design – At Home Issue (Purple Color Trend Implemented)