Design Talent Across The Web & The Globe
We’ve received many requests to create a site wide compilation ( a quick comprehensive guide to interesting designers, artists and home decor shops) similar to two recent compilations that were published: 8 Interior Designer Firms You Need To Know and Spotlight on Design Stars By Topic. We listened and here are the interviews and profiles of our favorite designers and artists that we’ve had the pleasure to showcase on The Decorating Diva, LLC over the last twelve months.
- Ellen Blakeley of Ellen Blakeley Studio is an award winning glass mosaic artist and ceramicist. Her most recent artistic project transforms shattered window and industrial glass into awe-inspiring glass mosaic tiles for home and more.
- Kristen Stein is an award-winning Contemporary Artist living in Suburban Philadelphia. Kristen’s works are currently available on a variety of online venues and boutiques and galleries throughout the US.
- Tamar of Nest Pretty Things, a graduate of the prestigious Parsons School of Design, creates pretty, one-of-a-kind jewelry.
Home Decor and Furniture Designers
- Amy Butler is a creative designer known for her sophisticated, yet relaxed modern approach to printed fabrics and products for home, fashion, and craft. Through her books, website, and patterns for sewing, Amy has helped to inspire a new generation of young women to "find their own style."
- Founder and surface design specialist, British born, Annette Taylor-Anderson set-up ATADesigns in 2005. She is renowned for her bold statement graphic designs as featured in the press and magazines, both in the UK and Internationally; Her designs break the boundaries of tradition, in true London style.
- Katie, owner of furniture & home accessories boutique Coco Målé, is an investment banker turned interior designer who was raised amidst stacks of interior magazines, with an interior designer uncle, a mom who spent half her life at auctions and a dad who imported stone from Libya and Pakistan, it’s no wonder that she acquired a passion for interiors.
- Becky Mack, Lea Bryan, and Alexis Phillips, of Sideways Shop, are three friends who share a love of architecture, design, and art. Several years ago, they began collaborating and assisting one another on individual home projects. These endeavors, often fueled by many pots of coffee, ranged from stone retaining walls; bathroom additions; landscaping;deck work; painting; and window coverings. Now, they’ve migrated to salvaging some incredible furniture and designing pillows.
- Christine Skaley, founder of Pillow Throw Decor, enthusiastically expresses her love of fabric and creating unique designs, ” Fabric fascinates me! I could work so much faster if I didn’t stop so often to admire the fabric I’m working with. Colour, texture and even the sound of fabric is what keeps me up all night and gets me going again in the wee hours of the morning.”
- Maybelline Te is the editor of “Frou La La” blog and the Creative Director of Snug Furniture, a modern furniture company launching in May 2010 at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair. Snug Furniture is a collaboration between Maybelline and a business partner. They both grew up in the furniture business and met at a furniture showroom. If people had each other at “hello”, they had each other at mortise and tenon joints.
- Trend Funnel’s President and Co-Founder, Mary Elizabeth Beal can’t remember a time when interior design was not a part of her life. As a young girl in elementary school, Mary Elizabeth found her interests were quite different than her peers. “I don’t remember using money for candy, toys or clothes” she says. “Around eight years old, I began saving so that I could afford home décor items like bedspreads and artwork… expressing myself in the decorated environment around me.”
- Heather Bourgeois,design blogger, interior design student and Decorative Product Specialist at Sherwin-Williams, is the creative dynamo behind the attractive and visually engaging design blog, CreateH.
- Posh Living, LLC’s founder Kerry Ann Dame’s twenty year interior design career was launched in a spectacular fashion – working under the tutelage of design doyenne Lynn von Kersting at her renowned design firm Indigo Seas in Los Angeles, California.
- New York based interior design firm Doryn Wallach Design, founded by designer Doryn Wallach, specializes in residential and commercial spaces, both large and small. Doryn’s forte is mixing styles and materials to achieve a stylish, comfortable environment by mixing traditional with contemporary, using bursts of vibrant color as focal points, and employing interesting, unexpected treatments that are visually exciting. Working closely with her clients, Doryn is extremely adept at helping them articulate what they truly want in an environment, and to keep the design current yet timeless.
- EJ Interiors, a Dallas-based interior design firm, headed up by Emily Johnston, designs creative and captivating interior environments for residential and commercial clients. As a full-service design firm specializing in creating unique and distinctive interiors, EJ Interiors, offers a wide range of design services including decorating, new construction, design coaching and color consulting.
- North Carolina based design firm Interior Concepts by Wanda S. Horton founded by award-winning interior designer Wanda S. Horton, specializes in both commercial and residential design projects. Wanda’s favorite projects are those which allow her to collaborate with the homeowner, infusing their style preferences into their spaces, while allowing for her guiding hand to help the project come to completion. “I bring, with me, a bevy of resources and people, with whom I’ve had great experiences and relationships. By allowing me to do what I do best, the client receives the benefit of an enjoyable and beautiful project, with the assurance that we’ll be there to see it through.”
- Los Angeles & Orange County,California based interior design firm Jill Seidner Interior Design, led by principal Jill Seidner, specializes in commercial and residential interior design projects. In addition, Jill Seidner Interior Design, provides on site design consultations (for specialty needs such as color consultations and space planning), and virtual interior design services including an affordable complete room design package.
- As an award-winning design firm, Kimberley Seldon Design Group, led by principal designer Kimberley Seldon, boasts more than 15 years’ experience in full-service interior design projects. Kimberley Seldon Design Group specializes in projects which range in scope from residential estates and urban lofts to commercial contracts and country houses. Kimberley Seldon Design Group’s clientele extends through Canada and the United States
- Connecticut based design firm, Olga Adler Interiors, provides full-service design, kitchen and bath design, decorating, renovations and home color consultations as well as custom-designed furniture, cabinetry and rugs to clients internationally: from Olga Adler Interiors’ home base of Fairfield, Connecticut to points across the United States and internationally.
- Interior designers Kerry Ann Dame and Layla Altman, owners of the South Carolina based interior design firm Posh Living, LLC, focus on creating “homes that are warm, personal, stylish and practical”. Posh Living LLC’s expansive 3,500 square foot showroom offers everything from custom furniture to flooring material to designer fabrics and trims.
- Amanda Moore founded her New York based design firm re:place in 2001. Since the design firm’s inception Amanda and her design team have “specialized in contemporary sustainable design, family homes and nurseries” with a focus on using “recycled, found, natural, and environmentally friendly materials…to keep clients in harmony with the world that surrounds them”.
Kitchen and Bath Design
- St. Petersburg, Florida based kitchen and bath designer, freelance writer and founder of the popular kitchen and bath design blog “Kitchen and Residential Design”, Paul Anater can be found designing exquisite kitchens without boundaries, as he commented to us, “I do design work locally, remotely and virtually.” Paul is also a regular contributor to a number of design websites and art publications.
- Committed to providing unsurpassed excellence in design, Lori Carroll draws on an outstanding education and notable experience in both residential and commercial design. As a Professional Member of the American Society of Interior Designers since 1989 and a member of the International Interior Design Association, Lori continues to keep updated on current industry developments. An extensive portfolio of both local and national award-winning projects further demonstrates her talent.
- Fu-Tung Cheng world renown, award winning designer-craftsman, speaker, author, artist and founder of Cheng Design and Cheng Design Products, Inc. brings an organic, balanced, Earth friendly, and aesthetically pleasing approach to his design work and products. Well known for his extraordinary artistic, sculptural work with concrete (from entire homes to sinks) , Fu –Tung has fused art with function resulting in one-of-a-kind kitchen and bath elements.
- Jamie Goldberg, AKBD, CAPS is an NKBA-certified kitchen and bath designer and a freelance design journalist. Her articles have appeared in Signature Kitchens & Baths Magazine, Fine Homebuilding, BobVila.com, KitchenBathIdeas.com and many others. She is also a regular contributor to Kitchens.com, where her Sensible Style blog appears each month.
- As one of the leading experts in kitchen design, Matthew Quinn has worked around the world to provide his clients with original, memorable kitchens and baths. Function is amply addressed, but so are aesthetics and comfort.
- Susan Palmer, CKD, CBD, owner of Susan Palmer Designs, has been designing award-winning custom kitchens & baths for more than 25 years. When Susan approaches a new design project, she does not impose a specific “style” of design, rather, she looks to each project for inspiration. As she states, ”I am merely the vehicle to achieve the client’s dream — the final signature belongs to them.”
- Susan Serra is a CKD (Certified Kitchen Designer), CAPS (Certified Aging in Place Specialist), USGBC (United States Green Building Council) member and NKBA. Susan is an award winning designer and the principal of Susan Serra Associates, Inc., for nearly 20 years. Her design work is widely published in online and print shelter publications and she is a frequent source for the media on kitchen design issues.
- The Office Stylist is a daily blog that shares tips, products and advice on how to live well at work. From the best, tasty snacks to keep at your desk to chic office supplies to how to transform your personal workspace Sayeh Pezeshki, author and founder of Sorting with Style, shares what you need to know to live big at work, wherever work is.
- Marcia Blake is President & Creative Director of Outdoor Interiors®, a full service design firm specializing in creating spectacular outdoor environments, and a Design Consultant for O.W. Lee, a leading manufacturer of finely handcrafted casual furniture. Her collection, Outdoor Couture® by Marcia Blake consists of luxurious throw pillows, outdoor drapes & table runners which has garnered rave reviews for dramatic, yet comfortable outdoor accessories.
- Vic Walker is a Senior Industrial Designer at Dimension One Spas, and has designed consumer products for over 15 years. Walker’s skilled background in biomechanics and ergonomics has helped him create and redefine many features and products in the hot tub industry. With more than 15 patents, Walker is passionate about his continual quest to improve hydrotherapy experiences for consumers.
The Decorating Diva is a luxury home design magazine and lifestyle journal dedicated to the concept of living a stylish and comfortably elegant life at home – joyfully surrounded by the beautiful things you love. Join, Carmen, The Decorating Diva’s founder, as she blogs about sophisticated, smart, stylish and beautiful decor for your home and shares her decorating and style advice with you. Follow her and several of our wonderful contributors on inspirational design trips as they explore enchanted lands both far and near – returning with a delightful treasure trove of design finds for your home.