Beautiful, traditional styled kitchen in rich,warm-toned woods designed by Cheryl Clendenon.
Award-winning kitchen and bath designer, Cheryl Clendenon, is always on the go whether working on various design projects or attending industry shows. The last time I caught up with her was in Chicago at the National Kitchen and Bath Industry Show – and from there she was off to the spring High Point Market in North Carolina, and then off to spend a few hours at the Coverings show in Orlando. So how does such a busy business woman have time to create scrumptious holiday treats? Cheryl shares her holiday culinary secret, “the low-fat key lime bars are one of my favorite quick and easy recipes for the holidays to whip up and take with you as a hostess gift! They are easy to make, taste great and look like you spent more time than you did…and they’re low fat as a bonus! ” She also offered up a delightful morsel of holiday decorating advice, “Edit, edit, edit”. As for holiday decorating in her home, Cheryl keeps it “ …simple and elegant natural greenery is my favorite with a few glittery accents….and of course, since I have kids, the homemade tree with lots of little keepsake ornaments is still the only way I do my tree!”
Low-Fat Key Lime Bars Recipe
- 1 package of light cream cheese 8oz
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- Lime zest 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice from 4 limes about half cup
- Graham crackers crushed for crust
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar ( to mixed with graham cracker crumbs)
- Mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together, then add lime zest and juice to the mixture.
- Crush the graham crackers together and add the brown sugar.
- Pour the cracker mixture into a greased baking pan (8×8) and press down firmly: spray the top lightly with butter flavored cooking spray, and pour the cream cheese mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 min or until springs back in middle.
- Cool completely then refrigerate for approximately 2 hours.
- Slice into bars and top each bar with a lime curl.
About Cheryl Clendenon
Cheryl Kees Clendenon, a California transplant to Northwest Florida, has been in the design industry for eleven years and continues to learn something new every day. She credits an education in the fine arts for helping to shape her perspective and how she views spatial relationships.
In Detail, Cheryl’s Pensacola, Florida-based kitchen and bath design firm, is a 3000 square foot boutique design showroom which focuses on design and furnishings for kitchens, baths and interiors. Her award-winning designs have graced the pages of over 50 national consumer magazines. She has won multiple prestigious national design awards for kitchens, baths, and closets. Cheryl’s most recent industry recognition includes being a finalist in the following design competitions: the 2010 National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) Design Competition, Caesarstone Design Competition, Closets Magazine Design Competition, and she received a Merit award in the 2010 Kitchen and Bath Business design.
Last year at the NKBA conference in Chicago, Cheryl was a featured speaker at the Brizo Media panel event along with Fashion Designer Jason Wu, Industrial designer, Judd Lord and Kitchen and Bath News editor, Janice Costa.
Cheryl is also the editor of the popular blog, Kitchen Details and Design, where she journals in a bitingly funny, and refreshingly honest manner, her experiences as a working designer.
- Interview with Cheryl Clendenon of In Detail
- Cheryl Clendenon’s Style Maker Look Book: Dream Bath Design