This dramatic, and colorful blue and green kitchen designed by Olga was featured in the Kitchen Idea Book.
Mini Lemon Potato Latkes with Ginger/Avocado Creme Recipe
Makes 50 mini latkes
Ingredients for Latkes
- 1.5 lb potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
Ingredients for Ginger/Avocado Creme
- 1 large avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Peel the potatoes and grate on the coarse side of a grater. Strain and move them to a bowl.
- Add the onion, lemon zest and juice, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and
- return them to the strainer.
- Heat about 1/4" depth of olive oil in a skillet. Add rounded teaspoons of the mixture and flatten slightly.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Keep the ready batches warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Scoop the avocado, place it in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Decorate each latke with a dollop of the creme and a cilantro leaf, and enjoy!
Festive, modern, Asian inspired, chocolate brown and orange color scheme holiday table design by Olga. (Editor’s Note: We love those Orange Fu Dogs, and the fabulous mix of traditional symbols with a modern flair.)
In addition to the deliciously, rich Mini-Lemon Potato Latkes recipe, Olga shares her advice for designing an unforgettable holiday tablescape, “ Create an unusual color scheme for an instant conversation starter. Mine (shown in image above) was based on my favorite childhood holiday dessert: chocolate/mandarin orange cake. “
About Olga Adler
Olga is a fashion-loving, travel-inspired, lifestyle-driven, Euro-bohemian-preppy interior designer and stylist. She works with successful people of busy schedules and high expectations to turn their homes into private retreats and public statements. She is known for her multi-faceted aesthetic having decorated homes in Europe and the United States. Her work has been featured in numerous magazines and designer show houses. She has honed in on what she considers to be the most important element to designing interiors: creating stylish rooms that, just like the best clothing, are crafted with a particular person in mind – high quality, custom and unique.
- Web: Olga Adler Interiors
- E-Design Services: Online Decorating Services by Olga Adler Interiors
- Facebook: Become a fan of Olga Adler Interiors.
- Twitter: Olga Adler Interiors on Twitter
- Blog: Home and Style: Musings on Living with Style at Home and Beyond