Eco Chic in Bedroom Design
The Eco Chic decorating style transcends using only sustainable materials in interior decorating. Eco Chic design combines organic and sustainable materials with the concept of giving old decor and materials a new lease on life!
DESIGN SKETCHBOOK ELEMENTS (Bedroom design “Eco Chic”):
- Continental Organic Mattress (Hastens - dealer locations) – A purely organic, hand-made mattress made from Cotton, horse hair, flax and pure wool. Completely free from all types of Earth toxic materials like foam rubber, polyurethane and latex. A favorite of the Swedish royal family.
- Legna Seville Luxury Linens (SDH Enterprises, Inc – dealer locations) – Sustainable and organic sheets never felt so good as the silken texture of the SDH Legna collection. Indulge in pure luxury with zero guilt. This eco-friendly, alternative to cotton, luxury bedding is created from wood pulp that has been harvested from managed forests. The process yields a long-lasting, supple and lustrous fabric that gets softer and softer with every wash.
- Madeleine Boulesteix Teacup Chandelier (Madeleine Boulesteix) – Ms. Boulesteix elevates recycling to an illuminating art. She re-imagines the common tea cup, broken chains and other “discarded” every day housewares; a heap of broken bits, salvaged, fused and given new life as one-of-a-kind chandeliers.
- Recycled Glass Balloon Vases (Viva Terra )
- Diminutive Polychrome Painted Louis XVI Slant Front Desk (1st Dibs) – Buying antiques is earth friendly, its that simple. The furniture is already here, no need to manufacture it, so why not take advantage of such gorgeous pieces such as the Louis XVI desk? This piece will set you back about $30,000 but you can pick up similar beautiful antiques or used reproductions at flea markets and garage sales.
- J.H. Thorpe “Beaufort House” Lovely Printed Linen (Design Diva Fabrics) – Re-purposing/ Re-using vintage fabrics is earth friendly, and the 44 yards of this beautiful linen can be used to reupholster a flea market find, create custom drapes or sew up that fabulous upholstered headboard you’ve been day-dreaming about.
Image Attributions: All Images are copyrighted from their respective companies.