Glittering Floral Holiday Centerpiece
Short on time and on a limited budget? That’s not a problem with this easy to make and extraordinarily inexpensive holiday floral centerpiece. Captivate your guests with this easy to make glittering floral centerpiece! Your holiday dinner guests will be asking you who the florists was who created your stunning centerpiece and you will be able to respond, with a huge smile, that you created the centerpiece.
List of What You Will Need:
- Wicker Basket (Available at garage sales or Dollar Stores)
- Floral Foam or if you have styrofoam from packaging that will also work.
- Silver Metal Spray Paint ( 5.99 at craft stores)
- Gold Metal Spray Paint ( 5.99 at craft stores)
- Opal Gitter Paint ( 1.99 at craft stores)
- Plastic Fruit (Apply glitter paint and let dry)
- A few rose and carnation blooms (spray them gold and silver and then dust with glitter)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Snow Spray
- Pinecones ( Spray them with gold paint)
- Break branches and twigs from a tree in your yard (remove leaves and spray paint gold and later add glitter paint to strategic areas of the branches)
- Cut a few branches from an evergreen. Get enough to create a Christmas tree shape.
- Plastic Square container (so you can water your evergreen plant)
- Wood Skewers (cut them in half)
- Floral Moss
- Wired ribbon (color of your choice with Silver or Gold Edging)
- Sprigs of beaded berries
To create the centerpiece:
- Before you start you will want to coordinate the color of the ribbon and florals. I selected plum for my project.
- Take the wicker basket and spray paint it silver. Make sure to follow the manufacturers directions completely.
- Add the floral foam to the plastic square container.
Place the container in the basket and fill in the remaining space with more foam.
- Arrange the evergreen branches in the shape of a Christmas tree. If you need to hold it together temporarily as you work, wrap a ribbon around the branches. That will hold it together well, until you are done.
- Attach the halved wood skewer to the bottom of the pinecones with glue from your hot glue gun.
- Add the pine cones to the four corners of the wickerbasket. Insert them into the foam. Follow that with some of the “sugared fruit” and the painted/glittered florals.Randomly insert the fruit and florals in the foam.
- Add floral moss to “spacey” areas that appear empty around the pinecones, florals and fruit.
- Spray the “faux” snow randomly on the evergreen. Taking care to not overspray the other oranamentation.
- Once the faux snow has dried. Create three bands across the ” Christmas Tree” as if it were garland.
- Add sprigs of beaded berries in the coordinating color to your florals and ribbon.
- Add two or three of your gold twigs to either side of tree.
- That’s it simple and stunning!
I hope that you have been able to use these easy decorating tips to create an even more beautiful Holiday for you and your family.