High-end Outdoor Living Design Trend
The backyard is no longer just a place to grill some hamburgers and hotdogs on holidays and weekends. Now it’s all about living outdoors as you would indoors. With the introduction of high-end outdoor living furniture like all-weather beds, outdoor plasma flat screen televisions, luxury grilling kitchens and outdoor showers – the outdoors has become an extension of the home. Homeowners want to create a resort-like atmosphere outside their back door.
The “indoors has moved outdoors” design trend has created a big demand for outdoor living elements from all-weather sectionals to durable stylish outdoor rugs to fire-pits. Today’s style-savvy home-owner is passing by the $15 plastic furniture and cookie-cutter patio ensembles at their local home improvement store and finding their way to specialty patio and outdoor furniture stores, looking for furniture that is inspired by exotic locations and high-end hotels’ poolside seating, dining table, umbrellas and rugs.
- Gulf Stream outdoor sofa with ottoman by Century Leisure. This all-weather sofa can easily be mistaken for indoor furniture. The Gulf Stream outdoor living collection is a modular based system that makes it very easy for homeowners to mix and match and create an outdoor seating area that meets their needs and style.
- The elegant, contemporary inspired, beautiful GemStone fire pit is available in various colors, stone finishes (granite shown) and gas types. Available online at gracestonecollection.com and retails for $2,392.
- The Manta umbrella with razor-sharp edges and contemporary flare is inspired by the graceful ocean flight of the giant Manta Ray. Can be ordered in a number of colors and sizes. Retail locations available at tucci.com.
- Give your outdoor living area a fresh and light feeling with this classically designed Aqua Solid Hand Made Outdoor Rug in aqua blue, turquoise and oatmeal. Available at outdoorrugsonly.com, $100 to $399.
- Coast Arc Chaise with storage bin under seat from Henry Hall Designs – the ultimate in luxury all-weather furniture. Retail locations at henryhalldesigns.com, $3300.