Lighten Up For Summer Decor
Isn’t summer great? Just thinking about the summer makes me feel light and airy. And that’s a huge task considering I live in hot and steamy Florida but nonetheless summer makes me want to lighten my hair, my wardrobe and my interior decor.
Here are a few of my favorite decorating tips to create an airy and light interior:
- Change out all heavy linens with soft cotton blends. Want to stay cool on hot summer nights? Then add a high thread count fine bedding set to your bed and enjoy the crisp cool feeling each time you slip in between the sheets. Don’t forget to choose light colors that coordinate with your decor.
- Store away any dark lampshades and replace them with – you guessed it- light and streamlined lampshades that coordinate with your lamp’s base.
- Bring in seasonal flowers and strategically place them throught your house. Not only are they pretty but they will bring a smile to your face and brighten your day.
- In the kitchen fill a large glass bowl with limes and lemons for a bold bit of color. The plus side is you’ll have those delicious citrus at hand to make a refreshing pitcher of lemonade! How’s that for versatility?
- Paint it lighter. This may not be so practical and may be a bit expensive to do seasonally. But if you have the time and the money then GO FOR IT. Nothing says change better and louder than a fresh coat of paint. Tips 1 thru 4 are like buying a new lipstick and it makes you feel pretty but new wall paint well that’s like spending a week in the spa and coming out feeling and looking 10 years younger
The Decorating Diva is a luxury home design magazine and lifestyle journal dedicated to the concept of living a stylish and comfortably elegant life at home – joyfully surrounded by the beautiful things you love. Join, Carmen, The Decorating Diva’s founder, as she blogs about sophisticated, smart, stylish and beautiful decor for your home and shares her decorating and style advice with you. Follow her and several of our wonderful contributors on inspirational design trips as they explore enchanted lands both far and near – returning with a delightful treasure trove of design finds for your home.