Sayeh Pezeshki of The Office Stylist & Sorting with Style
Sayeh Pezeshki is a three-time successful entrepreneur who presently heads up the multi-platform retail and media company, The Office Stylist, in Los Angeles. In addition to owning and operating the company’s dual online properties SortingwithStyle.com and TheOfficeStylist.com, she is also a television and media personality who shares insight and tips on chic workspace living and design
The Office Stylist is a daily blog that shares tips, products and advice on how to live well at work. From the best, tasty snacks to keep at your desk to chic office supplies to how to transform your personal workspace, author Sayeh Pezeshki shares what you need to know to live big at work, wherever work is.
Sorting with Style is the premier destination for office style™. Featuring brands like Russell + Hazel, Thomas Paul and Cavallini & Co., Sorting with Style pairs efficiency and elegance to provide consumers with not only a one-stop shop for all office organization needs, but a resource of information on creating Office Style in a Manilla World from The Office Stylist™ herself, Sayeh Pezeshki.
What inspired you to launch Sorting with Style & Office Stylist?
The online boutique came from my love of office supplies, though not the kind you find at the office supply chain stores. I’m talking about the unique and colorful designs that really bring a workspace or desk together. Though to find a great selection is pretty tough, so I decided to combine my love of office supplies with my eye for beauty.
We spend more than half our lives at work and more time working than we do sleeping, so why do we neglect our workspaces/work-life? Creating a work environment that inspires and motivates you is VERY important so that’s why I started TheOfficeStylist.com to share tips, tricks, and how-tos to make your work life better.
The solution to the boring office!
Where do you find inspiration for your designs?
I don’t actually design any of the products we carry on SortingwithStyle.com but my inspiration for styling rooms comes from everything around me. It could be an old photo from the 50s, a bright flower, a gorgeous piece of furniture…the inspiration is all around me.
Tell us about a favorite home decorating or remodeling project.
Anything that relates to designing a workspace/office is what I love the most. It’s where we spend most of our time so I like to spend more time paying attention to these particular projects/rooms. My favorite was when I moved into my office last year and decided to decorate it from scratch. A fresh palette is what I needed for this new space so it was really fun putting it all together!
What’s your favorite color ?
My favorite color is purple. Almost any shade of purple but I do love royal purple and lavender.
What are your five favorite pieces of home décor from your home or elsewhere?
- My cherry wood trunk from Bombay Company-I’ve had it for years and it even has a lock and key! It has a special place in my heart and room for what I treasure.
- My Diamond paperweight from Sorting with Style-It’s really glamorous and adds the perfect mix of glamour and zazz to my workspace.
- Modern white wood/glass desk from IKEA- Its glass on top, but you can store things underneath. It’s functional and it allows more room for customizing my workspace look.
- My nightstand with chandelier hanging crystals from Bombay company. Another piece I have had for years and just love. I have a few pieces from Bombay Company that I mix in with modern pieces and I just love the look it creates.
- I’ve been lusting after this tall dresser from Zgallerie that is covered with a antique mirrored look. It’s SO pretty!
What’s your favorite room at home? Why is it your favorite?
I’d say the bedroom. It’s my sanctuary and where I find peace and can really relax.
Who are your favorite designers?
I don’t actually have a favorite because I love a little bit of all designers. If I had to pick one I would say Jonathan Adler.
Many of us have a product we bought for our home-that now makes us think-”what was I thinking” - do you have one?
I run into that a lot when it comes to my wardrobe but never when it comes to my home. I like to build a look rather than go out and buy 10 pieces from one store, so I am always careful when it comes to purchases for my house.
What’s your personal design style? Has it evolved over time?
It’s tough to say what my design style is because it’s more a mash up of a bunch of things. I guess you could say I lean towards modern clean lines, with a touch of Hollywood regency.
If you could design your dream room-what décor, what style, and what color palette would you use?
Purple Purple and MORE purple! I would have mirrored furniture with silver accents, purple walls, bedding, pillows. All shades of purple with silver and black. Thinking about it now makes me dreamy
Do you have a decorating, design or remodeling tip you’d like to share with thedecoratingdiva.com readers?
Oh I have lots! One really important thing that I tell people is if you want to make a big difference without spending a dime, just move things. Rearrange furniture and accent pieces and you can give a room a great makeover, without costing you anything.
What are your favorite blogs or home design/improvement websites-and why?
- Design Milk : My design fix! From furniture and interior designers from all over the world, Design Milk shares a vast variety of products, rooms, and news.
- Material Girls : A nice mix of interior design news, tips and advice.
- Making it Lovely : Nicole does wonders with furniture and super drab spaces. She has transformed so many different rooms and I just love what she does.
- Made by Girl : I love that she is a shop owner with a great eye for design.
- Coco Kelley : A fabulous mix of interior design + fashion
What are your favorite design television shows, magazines, and/or books?
- Living, Etc. –Magazine
- House Beautiful-Magazine
- Domino, The Book of decorating
- The Inspired Workspace
- Regency Redux
Office Stylist & Sorting with Style
Web: Sorting with Style (Shop chic office supplies)
Blog: Office Stylist (Where savvy, home fashionistas get their daily dose of office design fabulousness.)
Facebook: Office Stylist on Facebook
We’d like to thank Sayeh Pezeshki of Office Stylist and Sorting with Style for giving The Decorating Diva.com readers a fun, refreshing and inspiring look into her world of design.
All images copyright of their respective owners.