Spotlight on Design Stars By Topic
Home Decor and Furniture Designers
- Amy Butler is a creative designer known for her sophisticated, yet relaxed modern approach to printed fabrics and products for home, fashion, and craft. Through her books, website, and patterns for sewing, Amy has helped to inspire a new generation of young women to "find their own style."
- Founder and surface design specialist, British born, Annette Taylor-Anderson set-up ATADesigns in 2005. She is renowned for her bold statement graphic designs as featured in the press and magazines, both in the UK and Internationally; Her designs break the boundaries of tradition, in true London style.
- Christine Skaley, founder of Pillow Throw Decor, enthusiastically expresses her love of fabric and creating unique designs, ” Fabric fascinates me! I could work so much faster if I didn’t stop so often to admire the fabric I’m working with. Colour, texture and even the sound of fabric is what keeps me up all night and gets me going again in the wee hours of the morning.”
- Maybelline Te is the editor of “Frou La La” blog and the Creative Director of Snug Furniture, a modern furniture company launching in May 2010 at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair. Snug Furniture is a collaboration between Maybelline and a business partner. They both grew up in the furniture business and met at a furniture showroom. If people had each other at “hello”, they had each other at mortise and tenon joints.
- Becky Mack, Lea Bryan, and Alexis Phillips, of Sideways Shop, are three friends who share a love of architecture, design, and art. Several years ago, they began collaborating and assisting one another on individual home projects. These endeavors, often fueled by many pots of coffee, ranged from stone retaining walls; bathroom additions; landscaping;deck work; painting; and window coverings. Now, they’ve migrated to salvaging some incredible furniture and designing pillows.
- Katie, owner of furniture & home accessories boutique Coco Målé, is an investment banker turned interior designer who was raised amidst stacks of interior magazines, with an interior designer uncle, a mom who spent half her life at auctions and a dad who imported stone from Libya and Pakistan, it’s no wonder that she acquired a passion for interiors.
- Posh Living, LLC’s founder Kerry Ann Dame’s twenty year interior design career was launched in a spectacular fashion – working under the tutelage of design doyenne Lynn von Kersting at her renowned design firm Indigo Seas in Los Angeles, California.
- Heather Bourgeois,design blogger, interior design student and Decorative Product Specialist at Sherwin-Williams, is the creative dynamo behind the attractive and visually engaging design blog, CreateH.
- Trend Funnel’s President and Co-Founder, Mary Elizabeth Beal can’t remember a time when interior design was not a part of her life. As a young girl in elementary school, Mary Elizabeth found her interests were quite different than her peers. “I don’t remember using money for candy, toys or clothes” she says. “Around eight years old, I began saving so that I could afford home décor items like bedspreads and artwork… expressing myself in the decorated environment around me.”
Kitchen and Bath Design
- St. Petersburg, Florida based kitchen and bath designer, freelance writer and founder of the popular kitchen and bath design blog “Kitchen and Residential Design”, Paul Anater can be found designing exquisite kitchens without boundaries, as he commented to us, “I do design work locally, remotely and virtually.” Paul is also a regular contributor to a number of design websites and art publications.
- The Office Stylist is a daily blog that shares tips, products and advice on how to live well at work. From the best, tasty snacks to keep at your desk to chic office supplies to how to transform your personal workspace Sayeh Pezeshki, author and founder of Sorting with Style, shares what you need to know to live big at work, wherever work is.
The Decorating Diva is a luxury home design magazine and lifestyle journal dedicated to the concept of living a stylish and comfortably elegant life at home – joyfully surrounded by the beautiful things you love. Join, Carmen, The Decorating Diva’s founder, as she blogs about sophisticated, smart, stylish and beautiful decor for your home and shares her decorating and style advice with you. Follow her and several of our wonderful contributors on inspirational design trips as they explore enchanted lands both far and near – returning with a delightful treasure trove of design finds for your home.